May 27, 2012

Cinnamon Biscuit Kisses


"School's Out for Summer....no more teachers, no more school books, no more teacher's dirt-y looks." -Alice Cooper

School is offically out for the summer and it never fails that this song will ring in my head.  I am looking forward to fishing, gardening, sun-bathing, playing with my munchkins and most importantly.....not driving to various schools 3-4 times a day! 

I took it upon myself over this lazy Memorial Day weekend to surprise the kids with a special little treat from my childhood, rather than our standard Pancake Saturday...

...you should have seen the look on their faces when they bit into this chocolately, gooey, cinnamony delight! It was a cross between Christmas morning and a well-earned video game {which rarely happens!}.

Priceless.

I vaguely remember coming across this recipe, or at least some version of what I think I know, in a "kids can cook"cookbook, and my sister and I would make this as frequently as my mom would stock the house with Hershey kisses.

Not often enough to a child :)

Here's all you need.

I imagine the origin is derived from a Monkey bread, which I'm really not a fan of--too sweet and sticky.  I am sure some of you are cursing me at this exact moment.

Trust me. Please.

Especially since canned refrigerator biscuits are NOT a staple in my household.  This must be worth a try!


Have the kids do the dirty work.  They can unwrap kisses {sneak one or two is an absolute must}. And they can pat down the biscuits and place a kiss in the center of each one. 

Use some melted butter to seal up the pouch and on the outside of the dough as well.


I couldn't find my bundt pan so i just used a springform pan with an upside down bowl. Just stack the biscuits on top of each other-- I got three layers out of it.

Bake until Golden-Brown.


And then find a fork as quick as you can!

Enjoy!


●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Ingredients for Cinnamon Biscuit Kisses
4 pack of 7.5oz Pilsbury Refrigerator Biscuits {10 biscuits each}
40 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
4 Tbsp Butter, Melted
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Mix sugar and cinnamon well together in a low-sided dish. Set aside.
Remove biscuits from package and lay out individually, a few at a time.  Gently pat each biscuit down to a 1/4" thickness. Place 1 Hershey Kiss in the center of each biscuit. 
Use a pastry brush to lightly spread a small amount of butter around the edges of the biscuit.  Fold all sides together to fully enclose each chocolate kiss.  Lightly brush more butter across the outside of biscuit. Roll biscuits through the cinnamon-sugar mixture, covering all sides of biscuits. Shake off excess cinnamon & sugar. 
Place biscuits sealed side down in bundt pan, filling one row around the bottom.  Biscuits should be touching. Once there is no more room on the bottom layer, begin a second layer and then a third.  With each layer, you should have less biscuits in each row.
Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer gooey. Eat immediately while still warm.  Once cool, can be stored in an airtight container for a day or two.
Serves 6





No comments:

Post a Comment